"[The best thing about Nativity is] the spirituality of the community and the ample opportunities for the reception of the sacraments"
Under the pastoral care of the Fraternity of St. Charles Borromeo
Serving the North Metro Denver area of Broomfield, Colorado
Within the Archdiocese of Denver
A vibrant community of 3,200 families
Home to a lively school of 400 students
Educating 400 children and youth in catechesis and youth programs
Thriving with nearly 100 ministries for formation and community
Offering outreach efforts through Catholic Charities and the St. Vincent de Paul Society
And much more!
Nativity of Our Lord Catholic Church was established for 179 Broomfield families in the year 1958. Fr. George Weibel was appointed our first pastor, and the first Mass was held in the lower level of the Empire Savings & Loan building on September 7, 1958. Two years later, ground breaking took place for the church. At midnight on Christmas Day 1960, the first Mass in the new red-brick church was celebrated.
In September 1963, Nativity and the Sisters of Mercy opened a school for over 200 students. Initially for grades 3-8, the school expanded to included first and second grades in 1973, and in 1981, the Sisters of Mercy departed, to be replaced by both Dominican and Franciscan sisters. Recently re-named, Nativity: Faith & Reason is now a thriving school for 450 children from preschool through eighth grade and is under the pastoral care of the Missionaries of Saint Charles Borromeo.
Through years of renovations, growth, and changes in leadership, Nativity parish and school has remained a steadfast community, strong in Catholic faith and animated by the love of Christ.
Today, the parish is led by the missionaries of the Priestly Fraternity of Saint Charles Borromeo, who were invited by the Archdiocese to begin service to the parish in 2009. Since then, Fr. Michael Carvill, FSCB, has served as pastor of this spirited community.
We welcome you to our parish, and we sincerely hope you find a home here at Nativity of Our Lord. We would love for you to learn more about our resources and become actively involved in the life of our community.
FRATERNITY OF ST. CHARLES BORROMEO
The Priestly Fraternity of the Missionaries of St. Charles Borromeo is a Society of Apostolic Life founded by Fr. Massimo Camisasca in 1985. We currently have around 130 members and 35 seminarians, with houses in 17 countries, including our mission here at Nativity in Broomfield. The pillars of our community are:
The priests live together in houses of three or more. The communion we live does not simply support us in our daily work on mission, but it is the path of conversion and holiness.
Responding to their priestly vocation, the members of the Fraternity desire to bring Christ to the world above all through the witness of a life changed by the encounter with Him.
Those who enter the Fraternity are available to be sent where the Church needs them. According to the bishop in the diocese where they are located, they give their service to parishes, schools, prisons, and hospitals.
CONNECT WITH US
Flocknote is our parish’s primary form of communication. Sign up to receive the latest news from the parish and its ministries.